Rules to be a successful BharataNatyam Dancer
- Half Sitting - Maintain Proper Half sitting (araimandi) – It is the forte of Bharatanatyam – can’t insist that enough!
- Expression REALLY matters
- Proper eye movements – eyes should follow the hand
- Mudras - Always hold clear Mudras
- Rhythm – Always keep proper thalam with the music
- Smile – ‘Yours is worth a million dollars’ Expression - ‘What is dance without it’?
- Stretch - Arms should be stretched while doing Adavus and kept at shoulder level when needed.
- Distance between hands – when held in the front keep 6 inches between your body and hands.
- Elbow Position - When the hand is held in from make sure the elbows are kept up
- Practice! – ‘makes you perfect’